Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hard Rock Cafe Pittsburgh

Last time I went to the Hard Rock was about 10 years ago...when I first knew Ian and we went skiing to Banff. I went with some nachos and found them to be soggy and not so tasty. Not one to hold a grudge, I decided to go back 10 years later and visit the Pittsburgh station square version.

This time, I went with a bbq brisket sandwich with fries, coleslaw & beans. The brisket itself was dry and no where near enough bbq sauce. Basically dried out roast beef. I could cook that at home - why go out for that??? No problems with the bun. The hard rock crew should buy a PC package of brisket and use that as an example.

Coleslaw was boring, but edible. Baked beans basically tasted like ketchup. Fries were the one high point of the whole meal, but in an effort to be somewhat healthy I only had a few of them. The price was right - $19 for the meal including a pint of beer, tax and tip.

No comments: