Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nakama (Pittsburgh)

My co-workers are obviously in the know in Pittsburgh - they took me out to a joint that is apparently #1 in sushi as well as the best restaurant in the Pitt....at least according to their website...

We got to Nakama about 6:30 on a Wed night and it was already rather packed. The host basically thought we were complete fools for showing up without a reservation. She did manage to squeeze us in at one of 10 hibachi grill stations. We started with a Majic Hat #9 beer and some edamame. I also had one of my boss's spicy california roll. Everything very very deelightful. I then ordered the grilled flank steak. With the meal, I got brothy soup, green salad, grilled mushroom appetizer, grilled veg, choice of steamed or fried rice and my meat.

The dude doing the cooking had all sorts of little tricks and it was a very entertaining show!

The flank steak was delicious when dipped in either the ginger/sesame/soy sauce or the thousand island dressing type thing.

My entree was $21, so not terrible value either!

No comments: