Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bruschetta's (Pittsburgh)

I went out for some Italian tonight in Pittsburgh. My one co-worker seems to enjoy this place, but the Internet had mixed feelings - mainly related to service.

Things started off a bit poorly with no wine list by the glass. I ordered a pino grigio and hoped for the best. It turned out well, but was pretty expensive at over $7 for the glass.

For appetizer, I went with wedding soup. Really only adequate.

For main course, I went light with grilled veggies & bruschetta + side salad. Very high marks for tastiness! A whole pack of grilled veg - zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, portabello etc. Toast was garlic-y and tasty. On the toast was a delightful sun dried tomato type spread.

Since I was reasonably healthy so far, I went with a the peanut butter - chocolate tart! This was the star of the night.

The service ended up being ok. I was a bit freaked out by my waiter - he looked like a slightly pudgy George Stomombopolous (spelling??) and even more freaky - he totally talked like the guy!

No comments: