Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Taco Bell

Sunday after dropping Janice off at the airport I decided to go out for lunch. My first thought was Ikea of course so I stopped by. Unfortunately their three course mother's day meal (for 7.99 I believe) had a mushroom sauce as its central feature. So I took off down the street to Taco Bell instead. There I had the delightful "Bacon Club Chalupa" for $2.99. I would have liked to get something else but everything seemed to be more than a dollar which would have pushed me over the dreaded 4 dollar PST threshold. So Chalupa alone it was. I had never had a chalupa alone so I didn't know quite what I was getting. It's basically a funny taco with chicken and bacon + sauce with lettuce etc. The funny taco was really the highlight, it's what I'd call a soft hard taco. It has the shape of a hard taco but it's softer.

For Taco Bell history buffs (and admit it, you love Taco Bell history) the BCC first appeared in 2004 as the Club Chalupa. The addition of Bacon to the name has not changed the contents of the item.

For the health conscious, the taco bell web site does not list the nutritional information for the BCC. I'll take this to mean that it's so healthy you can't go wrong a BCC. Now that I think of it perhaps that's why the expression "A Chalupa a day keeps the doctor away" became so popular.

For the people who like random stories, the person in line in front of me was in a Taco Bell uniform which was a little odd but that wasn't noteworthy until he asked to talk to the manager. Apparently another Taco Bell had sent him to come "borrow" some chicken. After a lengthy discussion they finally agreed to something and off he went with three bags of chicken.

No comments: