Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Biryani House

Tuesday is Butter Chicken day at the Biryani House on Hayden and Yonge and from the line that was practically out the door this is a popular day and/or place. The chef's special (there's one for every day of the week) comes with the special plus two veggies. The rice is then topped with some daal. Everything was tasty and it even stayed warm on the long walk back to the office. Next time though I think I will try to swap a veggie for more daal.

Dessert was a little rice pudding. The emphasis is certainly on the little. No complaints about the quality of it but it almost didn't seem worth having a spoon for the quantity of pudding provided.

All this food rang in at $6.77 (but they gave a quarter back in change from 7 bucks). I'll definitely be back but it's a painful walk since it requires walking by the empty restaurant that used to be the Green Mango take out place. I don't think I'm over that loss yet.

No comments: