Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trattoria Trestevere (Montreal)

This place appears to be among the more traditional/less trendy places on Crescent.

Dinner started well with some tomato-cheese crostini on the house. The co-workers arugula salads & tomato-bococcini salads were all delightful and fairly large servings.

The main courses were fun to order. Many of the pastas were names I did not recognize, so I was asking the waiter for translation. He gave up on that and started designing pastas around my choice of sauce, rose. The first few selections were meaty, but I chose the last one with fungi.

My veggie coworker went with my pasta, one guy had another custom pasta - penne arribiatta with spicy sausage. The carnivorous food guru had a massive veal chop with potato & veg.

The pastas and veal were all fantastic. Large bowls with great sauce. The rose was interesting - it was more like Alfredo with their tomato sauce ladled on top. Price was pretty decent too...about $18 or so I think for the pastas.

No comments: