Friday, November 14, 2008

Calabash

Last week was a bit unusual. I was at home sitting around and Janice was at work bringing in the rent money. Oh wait, that isn't unusual. What was unusual was that Janice decided to spend a day in the Mississauga office so I ventured west for a lunch time rendezvous. I picked up Calabash. Janice has been before but this was my first time.

I had the chicken roti and I ordered Janice a veggie roti with channa and eggplant. All told it was around $15. I really feel I should get a discount for take out but we'll save those complaints for another time. I didn't have to wait long for the roti and luckily I was travelling against the Sheridan Park lunchtime rush so I was able to quickly meet Janice's with the warm rotis. I'm apparently not trustworthy enough to be given a vistor badge so we ate outside despite the brisk breeze.

As you can see, for Janice, it was more of a working lunch.


I did eventually pry her away from the berry and we dug in. It was pretty good. I still prefer the palace but if you're out in sticks then this is definitely a good option.

No comments: