Sunday, February 11, 2007

Boulevard Cafe

I was helping out with a recruitment event and as a result I got to go to dinner to the Boulevard Cafe with everyone. I'd been before years ago but the price prevented a return visit. This time the price was right.

Since there was quite a few of us we had the whole second floor and it was a fixed menu. The second floor was quite nice and I sat right beside the fireplace which. I had a "martini to camarones" as a starter and then the pescado del dia (which was tilapia). Finally I had a chocolate khalua cheesecake for dessert. The "martini" was terrific. The tasty shrimp came with guacamole and as we all know guacamole is where it's at. The fish was fairly good with some potato like things on the side. Of course I loved the cheesecake although it didn't seem like the serving was large enough. Other people had a pasta dish or a steak both of which seemed reasonably well liked. Overall I'd say it was a great meal but I guess I'd say that about any meal where I leave without seeing a bill.

While the food was great, one big disappointment is that this place bills itself as serving "authentic peruvian cuisine". Well if that's true where is the chupe de camerones or lomo saltado that I crave. It's like going to a Burger King that doesn't have a whopper on the menu.

No comments: