Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Westin Harbour Castle


Last night was my company's big "Dinner Dance", although I started to get a sore throat toward the end so no dancing, just dinner for Ian and I.

1370 people attended...pretty impressive stuff!



Started off ok, with a $6 cab ride there. I recently bought the world's most uncomfortable shoes, thus limiting the amount of walking I can handle.

A glass or two of French sauvignon blanc to start pre-dinner during the "cocktail" hour.. According to Billy's classification, I would say a "fresh" wine.

Some so-so tomato soup to start, then a roasted veggie (peppers, asparagus, artichoke) salad with some creamy garlicky dressing and then the main course.

A glass or two of Australian Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner.

I ordered the veggie, and received some squash and cheese stuffed tortellini/basket pasta things with a squash sauce. Came with some greens. Pretty good, although not quite the gourmet veggie meal that I was expecting.

Ian had a steak with a layered potato thing and some greens. He seemed to enjoy. Steak seemed perfectly cooked - medium well - which is probably the most appropriate for a banquet type event.

A desert sampler to finish- included a mini apple tart, a meringue thingy and a brownie with ice cream.

Overall, high marks for tastiness and service. The organizing committee and the Westin once again did a good job. Ian and I did not win any door prizes, but I suppose that we can hardly hold that against the committee. One funny thing that happened, our CEO dude ended up winning the prize for a two night stay and breakfast at some hotel in Oakville! Ha ha! They drew another name though and didn't give him the prize! What a burn....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey good write-up, you should send it to TR and have it posted on our intranet. Mz K.