Sunday, February 04, 2007

That's the Spot

In the building adjacent to us, a Spot coffee shop opened up. For all the people in the complex they had a "special" opening reception yesterday and today. Sadly we couldn't go yesterday because of Janice's work party but I guess one free food event a day is enough. Anyway back to the spot. We went today. There was free food and beverage samples. We took one of everything that came our way. Highlights include a white chocolate hot chocolate (wchc) sample that they made me. Quite good. Pepperoni pizza, a little too cheesy and various coffee beverages both hot and cold. Trying out these coffee beverages was pretty good because I've long been thinking that I should pick up the coffee habit. Fortunately for the budget these beverages convinced me that I'm not quite ready to join the coffee drinking masses. Janice had some Jasmine tea. It was OK I guess?

Overall I don't think this will be a regular spot (sorry for the pun) mainly due to the fact that we don't drink coffee and the food while reasonably tasty was a little pricy.

The dairy queen/orange julius (dqoj) in our building looks to be opening soon. They've had the now hiring sign up for a while. Janice was thinking of applying to get her access to an endless supply of Mr Misty's since she thinks (and says aloud) "I'll bet they'll hire me [Janice] because of my DQ experience". I wonder though how will the lack of orange julius experience come into play? Anyway, she's decided to stick with iron and steel for now since even though it's not quite as tasty we suspect the pay is slightly better. We'll just hope for a similar type reception event when the dqoj opens.

No comments: