Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sushi Making Fun

Today Ian and I went on a Christmas present extravaganza and took in the matinee viewing of Breach at the Queensway. Was pretty good despite being an Ian type of spy movie. Kind of cool, one of the opening scenes has this guy walking past this "Irish" storefront that looked like a place on Bloor Street. As it turns out, movie was shot in Toronto! Ian had his doubts....

Thanks Mom and Dad for the gift certificates.

Then some grocery shopping and fun sushi making. Ian bought some salmon, but I scared him about parasites so he cooked the fish. Still was pretty tasty in the sushi.

We used the sushi making set that Margaret and James gave us for Christmas! Turned out pretty well and the cute chop stick holding whales were pretty cool.



Here's the little sushi making wooden box thingy soaking. Lid is on to prevent floating!








Were a little pressed for time at the LCBO due to melting fro yo, so could not consult with the Billy's wine handbook. In a last minute panic, ended up buying Australian yellow tail chardonnay to go along with the sushi...not so great, but not terrible either. About $11 and even had a deelightful conversation with the clerk about U of A (was wearing my U of A hoodie that I got this Christmas from Ian's mom and dad).







Here's the final result. I had squash, avocado, red pepper and wasabi sushi with pickled ginger on the side.

Jacko, take a look at the right hand side chop-sticks, they are the ones you gave us from Korea! Fun!

Ian's parents, check out the other ones, I think you guys gave us those for Christmas when I lived in Sudbury!


Then, to top it all off, Ian used the electric toothbrush that my Mom and Dad gave me for Christmas! Yeah, I know, the excitement around here never ends!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! Anne and I both enjoyed reading about the sushi making.

Sound like fun.

M

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks yummy. I want to make sushi too!! I'm not equipped tho. What do you suggest I get as a minimum? Mz K