Monday, February 05, 2007

Mandarin Buffet

One of my co-workers is heading to the UK for 6 months, so we had a little going away lunch at the Mandarin in Mississauga.

I was expecting the worst - Reno buffet style, but was pleasantly surprised. To start, I had some veggie sushi maki (cucumber, mixed veggie, spring roll/tempura filled). All were quite delightful + I scored a big hit of pickled ginger.

I skipped right over the salads, they didn't look bad, but they didn't look all that great either.

For the main course, I had a veggie spring roll, squash tempura, two noodle type dishes and assorted Chinese style veggies (three dishes in all). The meat eaters in the crowd had about 20 more meaty dishes to pick from...all looked reasonably tasty. They had a special bun festival going on, but sadly no veggie ones so I skipped it. They had about 4 varieties though.

Dessert was surprisingly good, I skipped the fruit, squares and cake selection and went for a mini-sundae. They had 8 kinds of ice-cream, fro yo and sorbet along with chocolate/caramel sauce and an assortment of tasty toppings.

Price was $10.99 per person. Even came with a fortune cookie at the end.

No comments: