Thursday, March 22, 2007

Calabash

I went with the co-workers today for some lunch in Mississauga (Erin Mills, just North of the QEW). I've been in the past and Calabash Caribbean food has always been tasty and cheap.

This time I got the rice and curry combo with a green salad, rice, dal, potato/channa, curried cabbage and a little thing of hot sauce. Was really tasty, except for the salad. I think they have given up on making their usual tasty dressing and now throw on Kraft Italian (or at least it tastes like they do). All for $8 including tax + tap water.

Others had the soup and stuffed pastry, chicken roti or beef roti. There were three first time Caribbean eaters there and they did not seem to appreciate the roti tastiness. The one guy had chicken and he got about half way through and the chicken seemed to be undercooked. He took it back up and got his $ back. The restaurant claimed that the chickens were "young and veiny", but it really did look undercooked to me.

Hopefully the people don't get sick or I won't feel too good about setting up another lunch!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Good news, as of Friday, no illnesses!

Anonymous said...

and KQ said she enjoyed it. I meant to ask - why wasn't I invited? Mz K.