Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Southern 4-fecta

I am really trying to use the word "Tri-fecta" but then I realized that I actually wanted to talk about 4 things. Ian my human dictionary is not here :(

Anyway, I am departing Birmingham this afternoon and am pleased that we managed to hit up the 4 food groups down here.

1. Seafood
2. Steakhouse
3. Mexicain
4. Ribs

We went to "Habanero" Mexicain near the plant where I'm working at. It seems to be a local mini chain type thing. It was extreme cheap eating at it's best. A been burrito, a cheese flatula and a salad with lots of guacomole for a mere $6.25. About the same pricing for all the other stuff too. Reasonably tasty and certainly more authentic than something like the "lone star" and you could even put "sneaky dees" or that mexicain mini-chain in Edmonton in there too (forget the name).

Then it was off for some ribs last night. Forget the name of the place, but it was in the galleria. The place was PACKED! It was crazy! They even had a rib drive through. I guess my vegetarian eating has now officially come to an end as I partook in a half rack of baby back ribs with coleslaw, baked beans and some cornbread. The sides were among the best I've eaten, but the ribs were somewhat dissapointing. Kinda chewy?? The other's didn't really like either.

The other guys all had a full rack. The ribs came on a large plate of their own. Then the side dishes came out on another plate. It was pretty gross. At least my half rack meal was all contained on one plate. One guy ate all his food, a few large glasses of lemonaide, and a piece of lemon meringue pie. That level of food consumption really is impressive!

No comments: