Friday, March 30, 2007

Great, Good and Neutral

This week has been a bonanza of eating out.

Monday was a reception for scholarship winners at some company's headquarters. The tour of the facilities was only moderately interesting but the food was amazing. This was definitely the great. Reasons follow:
1) Open bar
2) Kobe Beef Sushi
3) Regular sushi
4) Lobster Maki
5) Massive sautéed shrimp
All items were very very tasty.

Thursday was the end of year party for the union. I've missed out on the last two so I was determined to go to this one. It was looking bad initially with only two drink tickets but the union came through for us in the end and gave us a basically limitless supply. The party was at the Duke of York. I think people like this place but I unfortunately am not one of them. As pub-style places go I think it's pretty good. They had these "neat" mini fish and chip servings. A tiny newspaper and a fish stick sized piece of fish. Pretty tasty. Overall this was the good.

Finally today was Swiss Chalet day. We had a coupon (of course) for a free appetizer. Janice had the appetizer (perogies) and I had the main course (chicken and ribs). That's definitely a split I could live with. Janice liked her stuff reasonably well but probably wouldn't get them again. I on the other hand would definitely the chicken and ribs again. It was tasty as always. I don't know if I'll go back to this swiss though because I didn't like the waitress at all. It's probably worth the walk up to king street to get people that have adequate social skills? For 20 bucks for 2 it wasn't a bad deal but I'll still have to say this is at best neutral because of the mean waitress and the fact that I got used to eating for free earlier in the week

Sorry readers, this was a weak post

No comments: