Saturday, March 17, 2007

Kuni Sushi Ya

I mentioned last year that I'd head back to Kuni Sushi Ya. Well on Thursday I did. (Truthfully, I've gone another time this year too but I was too lazy to blog about it). Anyway we of course (well 4 of 8) got the all you can eat. We learned from last year's not enough food fiasco (NEFF2006) and this time focused on making sure we got enough. We had a complicated multi-step process to avoid participating in NEFF2007.
Step 1) We budgeted 2 and 1/4 hours.
Step 2) We decided to focus on sashimi.



Last year they were slow to fill our sashimi requests so this year we switched to only requesting sashimi. The only sushi we ordered in fact was some unagyi that I got and some tamago that some foolish people wanted. (These weren't available as sashimi). For a little bit of variety we did get 5 different maki rolls, some shrimp tempura and some gyozga.

Overall with block after block of sashimi I definitely left more satisfied than last year. The quality was OK but not as good as the stuff I had bought the week before at the St Lawrence Market adventure. Price was unchanged from last year I think, 18.99 + t&t although I ended up spending more as now they have a 4 for $10 beer deal that we had to take advantage of multiple times.

1 comment:

Jackie Bolen said...

This is some serious binge blogging. I can't keep up with all the updates.